Smoke Damage Restoration
There is a right way and a wrong way to clean smoke damage and, if done incorrectly, can cause lingering odors for years to come.
We are on call 24/7 for Smoke & Soot Damage Restoration
Smoke and Odor Removal
Our restoration technicians remove smoke odor a variety of ways depending on the source. Since smoke is airborne, it can follow air currents and travel throughout the building. Even the slightest draft or air current can push or pull smoke down hallways, into air vents, under doors, or through tiny gaps. Smoke and odor removal may consist of filtering the air, pulling odors from porous materials with special equipment and wiping down all hard surfaces.
Deodorize and Sanitize
Along with special equipment, like air scrubbers and ozone machines, we can also deodorize affected furniture, fabric, and other materials that were exposed to smoke. Porous materials like carpeting, upholstery, and fabric are most susceptible to smoke damage. Smoke odors may also linger in walls, ceilings, cabinets, flooring, and other materials especially if humidity is high at the time of occurrence.
Smoke Damage Emergency Tips
Smoke, soot and fire may seem the same but experienced professionals recognize the differences. To increase the chances for successful restoration and a quicker “return to normal” time, we suggest the following.
Smoke Damage Do's
- Open windows for ventilation.
- Remove pets, particularly birds, to a clean environment.
- Wash plants with water on both sides of leaves.
- Change furnace filter
- Tape doubled pieces of cheesecloth over air registers with masking tape.
- Cover upholstery with clean sheets before use.
- Do remove curtains and other fabric materials from the affected areas until you can have them washed or dry cleaned.
- Call a professional restoration company like Tri-State Restoration.
Smoke Damage Do NOTS
- Attempt to clean walls or ceilings!
- Use do-it-yourself carpet or upholstery cleaners!
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke and odor
This was an amazing experience. We felt so supported and cared for by everyone we had contact with. Thank you so much.